RE: [Xen-users] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

To: "'Rudi Ahlers'" <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:00:30 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:01:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Two quick thoughts:
1) What about iptables on the domU? (I suspect you have tried this, because
I believe I see your name a lot on the list, but a little reminder never
hurts)
2) What about running netstat with another switch to show which application
is running on the ircd port in case it isn't actually your irc server (this
is assuming you haven't done basic port troubleshooting like telnetting to
that port just to verify that the connection can in fact not even be
established).

        Beyond that, I guess you're into xen networking troubleshooting
territory, and there is a quite a bit of that in the list history, but for
anyone on the list to help you, they will probably need more info (which
someone might ask for), as for me, I haven't done enough xen network
troubleshooting to be of assistance.  Good luck,
        Dustin