[Xen-users] xendomains script fails if more than one DomU in AUTO

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xendomains script fails if more than one DomU in AUTO
From: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:53:02 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 00:53:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=4QOJjlARoHRiEc5WxXz4N7afCEoB6xVnm5DUysUOqMA=; b=dak4QK56PZ+2HvT1Pz6hDE8fL/cUMMrWsXQrRmphh5JMH6w6e5jBfmkRZ+wuhh5SL+ WEBo5b+QNkRjrEqVxbQHhGBs7koGBBkWGAilcjZUvFP2QVW0XizhURtAn8LQi+cEmOlh vuhzgUXSCjoeFbikDqsXrfp25k+uDIvkequFk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I noticed a problem with the xendomains script that it fails to manage
my domains if I have two or more configured in my XENDOMAINS_AUTO
directory. So running a "xendomains stop" will skip all domains and
keep them running. I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and found out that the
xendomains script has a problem in a case statement where it fails to
match the running domains. With the help of Ubuntuforum I managed to
find a solution for the script:

Can anyone confirm this behavior and try out the solution below.

The rdnames() function now looks like this:
rdnames()
{
    NAMES=
    if ! contains_something "$XENDOMAINS_AUTO"
    then
        return
    fi
    for dom in $XENDOMAINS_AUTO/*; do
        rdname $dom
        if test -z "$NAMES"; then
            NAMES=$NM;
        else
            NAMES="$NAMES $NM";
        fi
    done
}

And the beginning of the stop() function look likes this:
stop()
{
    # Collect list of domains to shut down
    if test "$XENDOMAINS_AUTO_ONLY" = "true"; then
        rdnames
    fi
    echo -n "Shutting down Xen domains:"
    while read LN; do
        parseln "$LN"
        if test "$id" = "0"; then continue; fi
        echo -n " $name"
        found="0"
        if test "$XENDOMAINS_AUTO_ONLY" = "true"; then
                for i in ${NAMES[@]}
                do
                if test $found="0"; then
                        if test $i = $name; then
                            found=1
                        fi
                fi
                done
                if test $found = "0"; then
                        echo -n "(skip)"
                        continue
                fi
        fi
        # XENDOMAINS_SYSRQ chould be something like just "s"