[Xen-users] Adding more vCPUs to Windows 2003 standard, from 2 to 4

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Adding more vCPUs to Windows 2003 standard, from 2 to 4
From: Pekka.Panula@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:10:49 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:11:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I got this  Xen running under CentOS 5.2 64-bit. I got several Windows 2003 standard servers running there and i need to add more vCPUs to two servers. I did try to change /etc/xen/<domain> vcpus line from vcpus = 2 to vcpus = 4 and using command line xm vcpu-set <domain> 4. Then we rebooted Windows servers but CPU count hasnt been changed, its still 2. I tried to use search engines to find reason why CPU count didnt change but didnt find any explanations.

Any help/tips/tricks how can i add more vCPUs to my windows 2003 standard servers?

Terveisin/Regards,
  Pekka Panula, Net Servant Oy - A Sofor company
  pekka.panula@xxxxxxxx