[Xen-users] Multi-homed nighmare

To: 'Alexander Hoßdorf' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Ky Srinivasan'" <KSrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Lynn Bendixsen'" <lbendixs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Multi-homed nighmare
From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:24:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 07:24:59 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:references :in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language; bh=KpEEeX1p6eoMqNRg8Xje9YWY9nT62IvNRJjlzdqdjWw=; b=DSBqF6nRrrE8wvMdqm3d91Z5/Q9vZgxWcNdmzmr/cedGru6u9IRHps7LRDia9GmrOh Akzbc6J/Gz/fa7jP4GqejDrUNizG+rxMUJMxGfxLGuPhvxLKroeOCS8K8dB4x2VAZ7fU 8eJVDnA/IWTdS0eqIkcUluJov2Vl48ycs+Wgc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have 8 network interfaces, but only eth3 is connected to the network. The
other interfaces have a cable attached but terminate in other computers,
point-to-point. This setup is driving XEN crazy, and I cannot disable the
interfaces or remove them from the bridge. When I open the yast-network in the
node, it says that since a xen  bridge was detected, I cannot change any
configuration. How do  I remove all the other cards except eth3?
One of the effects is that I type arping followed by the IP address of one of
my local VM's, and the response is:
ARPING xx.xx.xx.xx from 192.168.22.251 eth0, but the IP address is local,
belongs to a VM. Also all the VM's that have this family of IP addresses cannot
ping each other. If I try, the originator stops talking to the network.

Federico