RE: [Xen-users] Xensource VM in Xen

To: Nicod <nicolas.daneau@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xensource VM in Xen
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:53:43 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:56:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>We are currently using XenSource Express with 3 VM. As we need more domU
>(limited on 4 on XenSource Express) and as we need PCI passtrought (Asterisk
>FXO/S pci card) we plan to "migrate" to a "pure" Xen. The question is: can
>we can reuse the VM build in XenSource without any change??? I didn't found
>anything in wiki or faq regarding this point...

Recent thread one this, I believe you can, just uninstall the tools first.
Given that xensource uses lvm, you may be able to export the raw disc image out
of lvm into a file for use on the xen server or even back into an lv.

As for the Asterisk idea, my experience so far is that it sort of works, but
not reliably enough for production, and I tried for a while. Don't do it...

jlc