Re: [Xen-users] Re: creating a xen failover with lookback images

To: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: creating a xen failover with lookback images
From: Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:18:40 +0200
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 04:19:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=7ho9u8m2IIAjfjTUSzKTxdKCBkzm3pFC4Ao4GEpbV0g=; b=Vh2s2hFpZzI8UK9VeGilTplSiPDlMKAKtGGxXAmw80xOCACw/U0yTM+Z2dls/hmsYw TJfHgKrPQGAN9pdplIi5wUZ7anGWWC7LaCvpZxTReX4+9ie4iGAOirJDlahous6HQIOh KLm7TIcrU82A2ZfQolgbkVULmrKNCHaPO0t6s=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Daniel Asplund <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> i want to setup a VM which has another VM as failover.
>>> We use images where we store the VM in.
>>> Most people use drbd and heartbeat for this, is this the best solution
>>> fors this?
>>>
>>> When I use XEN images, how do I have to define the image in drbd?
>>>
>>>  on ares.bluethings.net {
>>>    device     /dev/drbd0;
>>>    disk       /dev/sda5;
>>>    address    172.16.6.2:7788;
>>>    flexible-meta-disk  internal;
>>>  }
>>>
>> Am I right that the guy in this
>> http://marksitblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/mysql-5-high-availability-with-drbd-8.html
>> guide is using drbd inside the VM to mirror the /dev/sda1 inside the VM?

Hi Daniel,
i reinstalled both servers and now have LVM.
Since I dont use the Xen-tools and use CentOS, i would like to install
the VM with virt-install,
I started the installation with:

virt-install \
--name=ticketsystem \
--ram=2000 \
--file=/dev/vg01/lv_myVM \
--vcpus=2 \
--os-variant=centos5 \
--nographics \
--location ftp://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/ \

it ran thorugh, now I did shut it down and changed the VM config:

disk = [ "drdb:ticketsystem,xvda1,w" , "file:/VM/ticketsystem_swap.img,xvda2,w"]

[root@pc] xm create ticketsystem -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/ticketsystem".
No handlers could be found for logger "xend"
Error: Disk isn't accessible

It looks like xend doesnt like the drbd thing?

how can i get this working?

thx