RE: [Xen-users] Static IP's with Windows Guests

To: "'Kevin Willock'" <xipher1@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Static IP's with Windows Guests
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:08:11 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:08:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        The IP setting is for PV guests only as far as I know.  Presumably
you are running a DHCP server.  You can assign a MAC to the Windows machine
so it doesn't change each time; you can then set up a DHCP reservation for
that MAC so Windows always get the same IP from the DHCP sever.
        Dustin