[Xen-users] RE: The death of XEN by Novell

To: "'Lynn Bendixsen'" <lbendixs@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mark Williamson'" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Antoine Benkemoun'" <antoine.benkemoun@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ky Srinivasan'" <KSrinivasan.PRV-5.PROVO@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: The death of XEN by Novell
From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:06:00 -0400
Cc: stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:06:43 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:cc:references :in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language; bh=XB42rFzoc9XtQrHFbULYgjDQlNTHdSLBHaJP7pc7fb0=; b=OT8+ielgHWpXABVMXbDjPIQDWNvSaUTpR66bIbxmt0OmCmTwkNgTEl3dTqKQfB4K7P oG1ZY/s+aPEfod2rS+8DKtxJa8ul17usuR5ai9RXvAUjAvyGMNYMHB5zPQg3f/lbQnJZ kF1YiNu+0Nnqs6cE3aJYCHVCKk3toPRuRxI7o=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Lynn
Why don't you take ownership of the case since obviously the engineer is not
up to date?
If you log into the box you may notice that I am pinning the dom0 to VCPU 0,
and excluding the domu's  from using it. I also restricted dom0 to 4 GB out
of 127.
Is this setup what causes the issue?
When that happened, a while earlier, I was doing a backup of a large
database over the network. The curious thing is the largest database backup
finished fine. It blew-up when I was backing up the other smaller database,
or maybe the first large database blew some buffer and the second got
affected. I cannot know, but that was the only operation that was unusual
that night. The Windows boxes have a note with a minidump, which probably
can be used to trace what driver is the culprit. I can do the same operation
tonight of somebody wants to set up some traces.

I can be reached at 954 444 7408, 24x7.
Yours
Federico