Re: [Xen-users] The death of XEN by Novell

Venefax schreef:
I cannot use 1 VCPU per windows domain. I have SQL Server running
literally hundreds of transactions per second. I use Windows only to
hold, to contain SQL Server, and since 100% of the transactions come
from Linux domu's, the speed and performance is fantastic, for there
is no trip over the network. Each of my windows domains has 32 GB of
RAM and 8 VCPU's. Without SMP I am as good as dead. In fact, I am
buying a dew Dell box on Monday only for SQL Server.

Who advised you to virtualize your most performance wise critical system? I mean... there are now two groups that want to do this and only to get high availability, or some big commercial bennefit. You didn't talked about this at all.

So we can conclude you design was stupid. Is stupid and by running your database on a dedicated server you could have reduced cost, increased stability and performance. I'm glad you finally saw the light!

But thank you for trying 1 vcpu with your superb setup, it was great entertainment.

Stefan