Re: [Xen-users] The death of XEN by Novell

Venefax schreef:
But all my three Windows VM's crashed
simultaneously yesterday and I lost two hours of business.

Going offline without errors in testing sounds like bad testing, mkay?

I am using
of course the right Novell drivers, etc., every piece of the puzzle
in place. Novell already checked that. The engineers showed me a
technical note that says that having more than one Virtual CPU in a
Windows VM leads to crashes. But then we cannot have any windows VM
at all, hello!!!

It only means that SMP under Windows is badly supported. Are you using the OpenSource Xen or the Citrix commercial one?

The beauty of Xen is that it is supposed to
virtualize Windows and Linux together. Now, that dream is gone. In
case somebody wants to look at my Novell case number, it is

Try to limit the Windows installations to only one virtual CPU, no SMP troubles, more fun.

So just be wise, disable the 8 VCPU's per windows installation, and give your windows installations one dedictated VCPU, dedicate one to the Dom0 too, and make your Linux ones float around.

Stefan

35k for one box... that sounds... overpriced :)