Re: [Xen-users] Latest Xen Kernel

[snip]

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 00:08 +0200, Paul Schulze wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> You can try, but it isn't all that easy to isolate the necessary
> patches from the Debian source and I am not quiet sure if the patches
> in Debian are even forward-ported. As I said, I haven't tried yet (I
> probably will in the next week, because my IPCop DomU is acting up),
> but I think I saw something that looked like Xenbus and PCIFront last
> time I grepped through the patches. You better check before you put
> some serious work in there.

What he might have to do is check out a specific kernel revision by its
tag from kernel.ubuntu.com , then install the debhelper packages to use
the Debian build system

For instance , git-clone [url] 2.6.25.x (the version being a tag)
debian/rules custom-prepare-xen
cd debian/build

The kernel he wants will be in custom-source-xen which can be copied
anywhere else, or he could build it in the sparse tree custom-buld-xen
for testing.

That may be the best way to go, since it would be relatively easy to
re-generate .deb packages for that kernel so that it can be re-used.

I'm pretty sure 2.6.25.x (or later, up to .26-rc series) can be found in
the intrepid git tree.

The people on the Ubuntu kernel mailing list are very helpful and
tolerant, I'm sure they could give better help.

This will get him a newer kernel that can be used for dom-0 and dom-u,
with the device pass through that he needs.

Regards,
--Tim