Re: [Xen-users] Can't install Windows 2003 on SLES10SP1

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can't install Windows 2003 on SLES10SP1
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:38:35 +0100
Cc: 'Alexander Hoßdorf' <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:39:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I believe the tools shouldn't be able to tell the difference between a sparse
and non-sparse file on disk, if we're talking about OS-level sparse files.

The virtual machine certainly shouldn't be able to tell whether it's running
out of a sparse file or not since that's handle by dom0, not by the guest
filesystem.

I've not heard of an instance where creating a sparse file in dom0 doesn't
work (although it has some disadvantages), so maybe I'm missing something
here?

Cheers,
Mark