[Xen-users] DomU startup issue

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU startup issue
From: Steve Spencer <sspencer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:41:12 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:45:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,

I've got CentOS5.2 running the Xen 3.2 kernel. All of my DomU's are working perfectly. The thing that is not working perfectly, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Used the virt-install script to install my DomU's and so the configuration files are in /var/lib/xend/domains/{hash}/config.sxp

If I do a chkconfig --list xendomains

it shows that it is on for the appropriate run level and off for the expected reboot run level.

Issuing the "service stop xendomains" from the command line works as expected and stops the running domains, saving their state. Issuing the "service start xendomains" starts the domains, again, as expected.

Issuing a shutdown -r now on the xen server, however, does not appear to wait for the domains to shutdown and on top of that, once rebooted, does not start the domains.

I'm getting close to just putting in my own script that issues the "service xendomains start" from rc.local and issues the "service xendomains stop" in the kill scripts.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
--
Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies