Re: [Xen-users] Network connection lost

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network connection lost
From: "Stefan Kögl" <koeglstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:25:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 04:25:49 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=auT1kER+lcyqNh4FoObTbxOtG6x2Kq+4l0N/olD1UQk=; b=u140KPZibEijLwS0vBEfI9wJAh4RJy/rXUf/wGjMwcOe/I+phft+Sq8doida58QLU5 WA3ZePiOBiS57lGh4CO5/Z3yfnw5wkKOFwVg7ajx2qosRAF8RCKPUWnSkkCegivreM0u N8ysWaltqnkotFWL88G2z0eV79oIbfPU0hlXA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

> I have a strange problem. I'm using Xen on Suse Enterprise Serer 10.
> Last week, I upgrade to SP2. Since then, I have troubles with the
> network connection to the virtual machine. The problem is, that the
> connection something stable (mean that it is accessible) and sometimes, it
> will be lost after a few seconds after a reset (ifdown, ifup). After that,
> mostly I get a new connection, but a few seconds later, the
> connection is lost again. The most strange is, that it seem to be
> happens only on some 'periods'.

Its hard to tell, but I had the same symptons after having cloned a
DomU and forget to change the MAC address on the cloned machine.

Does this happen only on one machine or are others affected, too?

Regards,

Stefan