Re: [Xen-users] Problem iscsi on domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem iscsi on domU
From: Lino Moragon <lino.moragon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:36:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:37:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Todd Deshane wrote:

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Lino Moragon <lino.moragon@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lino.moragon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi list,

    I'm having troubles to get an iscsi initiator working on a domU.
    As dom0 and domU I use a Centos 5 with the 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5
    xen-kernel.
    As iscsi initiator i use the iscsi-initiator-utils of the Centos5
    repo.
    The problem is, that when I log in to my iscsi target on the domU
    it is recognized as /dev/sda1.
    Now sda1 is also my root partition on the domU. And when I mount
    it I've mounted the root partition and not the iscsi device.

    Has anyone had this problem yet? Is there a solution to make it
    recognized as e.g. /dev/sdb ?

    Any help and tips would be appreciated.

You should be able to setup a udev rule that will recognize the drives and correctly set them up.

take a look here:
http://www.performancemagic.com/iscsi-xen-howto/iSCSI.html
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I just tried it that way.
Only problem is, that it creates a link that links to the same /dev/sda1.
So if I mount the new /dev/iscsi_11 device it will mount again the root filesystem.
Are there other possible options? Or isn't it at all possible?

Thanks for some hints.

Regards, Lino