RE: [Xen-users] Startup-Hook Script ?

To: "'Stefan de Konink'" <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Startup-Hook Script ?
From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:28:20 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:29:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

> Sure; Go to /etc/xen/scripts there you find a massive script
> called block.
> Now imagine you don't use file:// for your block thing but
> fancyrootcopy://
>
> With a script named block-fancyrootcopy you can parse the
> arguments after that.
>
> For example this is my iscsi script:
>
> http://kinkrsoftware.nl/contrib/xen/block-iscsi
>
> If you do file based stuff I suggest you to look at a wrapper
> around tap:aio://

As I use "phy:" for my devices, I added a script "block-boot-phy" as a copy
of block and modified it to copy the kernel out of the device that was
attached using "boot-phy:" and this works.

But it works too late. The kernel or initrd is already loaded at that point.

Anything else I can do?

Regards,
  Steffen