Re: [Xen-users] Host/guest clipboard?

> And then that's the downside of qemu-dm - there are no options :-( Vino had
> the same problem. I seem to remember that kde's krdc (client) and krdb
> (server) do support the clipboard, as well as tightvnc.
>
> What I do, since I only need to copy & paste urls (which I'm guaranteed to
> mistype), is exit vnc to qemu-dm, connect tightvnc to the guest's tightvnc
> server, copy to the clipboard, and go back to vnc to qemu-dm if that is
> preferable. Since tightvnc server supports shared connections, it may not
> even be necessary to exit the qemu-dm connection. The other alternative is
> to paste to a file, and xfer the file via samba, nfs, etc. You get used to
> it.  :-)

Since the qemu-dm server runs outside the domain, whilst the tightvnc server
runs inside it, it shouldn't be necessary to make sure only one is connected
at once.  As far as the domain is concerned, qemu-dm is its monitor, mouse
and keyboard, so as long as your guest's vnc server can cope with a "local"
user as well as a remote connection it should all work just fine.  It
shouldn't even be necessary for the VNC server within the domain to support
multiple remote connections in order for this to work.

If you can find a VNC client that'll let you dump keypresses *into* the guest
when you paste from the host, that would work with the dom0 VNC server.  More
intelligent or bidirectional C&P is not technically possible without extra
engineering, however.

Cheers,
Mark