RE: [Xen-users] RE: Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: "Darren Foo" <darrenfoo@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] RE: Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:35:54 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:36:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi James,
>
> Will it be possible to change the drivers to block only certain
network
> devices instead of all PCI devices? VT-d PCI passthrough is currently
> broken with the current GPL PV drivers. The 0.8.9 driver behaved
> differently and didn't block my PCI passthrough device.

It should be possible, I'm just not sure what the best approach is at
the moment.

I guess maybe it isn't so important for network devices, I'm just
concerned that if I make the criteria for 'pci storage device' more
specific, eg 'pci storage device with pci id xxxx:yyyy', and qemu
changes them, then very bad things happen. I have seen qemu give
slightly different pci id's to devices under different versions of xen.

I'm thinking that an exclude list in an inf file would probably be best,
at least in the interim. It will be a little tedious to change but at
least it can be done without a recompile being required.

But I'll give it some more thought. Any further suggestions appreciated
:)

Thanks

James