RE: [Xen-users] which OS + which Xen version to get Linux X64 dom0 + Win

To: "'Rudi Ahlers'" <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] which OS + which Xen version to get Linux X64 dom0 + Windows dumU working? -I'm desperate
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:07:43 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:08:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rudi,
        The solution offered by Age_M connects directly to the virtual
graphics card of the HVM domU, I don't think X11 is necessary.  Also, your
firewall would have to allow you to connect to the Dom0 at the correct 59xx
port.  The port can be set in the hvm config file as well.  See a sample
config file for that (I am not on a Linux box right now).  Also, I have at
some point in the past installed Windows Server 2003 using solely a serial
port (on a terminal server).  I don't remember how, but you can certainly
find out with a web search, and then figure out how to do that through xen
and ssh with the xm create -c option.  You'll probably still need to use vnc
at some point, as I don't think terminal services / remote desktop will be
enabled by default.  When using vnc, you don't want the -c option, as that
is a console option not typically used for Windows (unless you also use the
serial port for disaster recovery, in which case you still don't really need
to connect to it at creation).  Hopefully this info helps you figure it out.
        Dustin