Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 x86_64 Xen 3.2 binaries available

To: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 x86_64 Xen 3.2 binaries available
From: Ruslan Sivak <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:38:28 -0400
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:39:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I had to compile them from source - which
was not easy, as it has a bunch of dependencies, requires modification
of the spec file and the boot entry.

It would be far easier to grab the srpm and rebuild it with one simple command.
This builds rpms that do modify grub.conf etc...

Now if you built the current 3.2.1 source for x64 and provided those rpms... :)

jlc
I did grab the srpm and built it. It still required a lot of dependencies, modifying the spec file and modifying the boot entry.

Now if someone would make the srpms for 3.2.1 available...

Russ