Re: [Xen-users] No Network, and where are the config files located?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] No Network, and where are the config files located?
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:11:11 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:11:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday June 06 2008 06:53:49 am G. Michael Carter wrote:
> I created a test machine test1 using the virt-manager.   Where are the
> config files going?  I don't see it in /etc/xen?  I'm using Fedora 8 as a
> Dom0 if it helps.    I created it so I could get a hold of a working xen
> kernel.   For some reason my original computer wasn't booting as a domU.

Two possibilities:

1) xm list -l running-domu-name
2) look in /var/lib/xend/domains/UUID-number (#1 will tell you what the UUID
is). Don't modify this while the domu is running

Probably the best approach is get the config, *then* shutdown the domu. Modify
the config, and if xm list still shows the domu tho' it's shutdown, do an 'xm
delete domu-name' followed by 'xm new changed-config'. Then you can start the
domain in virt-manager, or with xm start config-name. Doing an xm new is
optional, if you like virt-manager. Without it, just do your normal xm
create.