Re: [Xen-users] Re: Release 0.9.6 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Release 0.9.6 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:54:13 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 03:54:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nick Couchman wrote:
Wow - quick work - thanks!!

>>> On 2008/06/01 at 20:09, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just put up 0.9.6 which fixes that problem.

Hi James,

I just want to say, great work! I tried gplpv 0.9.6 (normal install, no additional tweaks) on RHEL5.2/xen3.2.1 (xen.org's srpm rebuilt), and I got these results :

- network transfer domU->dom0 : around 70 Mbps (tested with iperf, no additional options). This is around 1/10 Linux PV performance. - disk I/O : around 4 MBps simultaneus read-and-write on the same block device (load created with dd inside guest, performance measured with iostat from host). This is around 1/3 Linux PV performance.

Both numbers are lower compared to PV performance, but IMHO it has reached an "acceptable" level :D Great improvement when compared to original HVM performance.

Regards,

Fajar