[Xen-users] domU kernel compilation issues

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domU kernel compilation issues
From: Christine Lampey <christine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:40:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:41:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I have been trying to get Xen up and running for a while now. I've been following the book Xen virtualization to get it working, but I am still unable to do so.

The domU kernel seems to compile correctly (ie no errors) yet when I run the mkinitrd command I get the error:

Looking for deps of module uhci-hcd
No module uhci-hcd found for kernel 2.6.18.8-xenU, aborting.

I have tried compiling the kernel with all USB modules in module form and inbuilt with the same result. I re-tried to get this working this morning with the same result, but I used script to capture all output from the compile & added things like the xm list and ifconfig command output from before I started as well as an ls of /boot after the mkinitrd command failed.

I have been unable to spot the issue & as such would appreciate it if someone could take the time to give me a hand as I have been unable to find the answer searching the net & archives.

I have pasted the mkinitrd command & the result below as I was unsure on the rules for posting an attachment, however I have all the information so if you need anything further please let me know.

[root@IS-4401 xen-3.1-testing.hg]# mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd-2.6.18.8-xenU.img 2.6.18.8-xenU

Creating initramfs
Looking for deps of module uhci-hcd
No module uhci-hcd found for kernel 2.6.18.8-xenU, aborting.

Thanks
Chris