RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Geoff Wiener" <gwiener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:48:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 01:49:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi James;

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that one...

> What bit width are you running (32 or 64)?

W2K3 SP2 R2 32 bit - I will try 64 bit next and post the results.

> Yes please to the screen shot, or at least give me the BSoD numbers.

Screen shot attached.

> a copy of the 'disk=' lines in your config

For the machine that BSODs
disk = [ 'tap:qcow:/xenimages/w2k3/w2k3.cow,hda,w' ]
or
disk = [ 'tap:qcow:/xenimages/w2k3/w2k3.cow,hda,w',
'file:/isorep/disc1.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

> output of xenstore-ls /local/domain/<id>/device/vbd

768= ""
 backend-id = "0"
 virtual-device = "768"
 device-type = "disk"
 state = "1
 backend = "/local/domain/0/backend/tap/52/768"

>In that output there will be a 'backend=' line, I'd like to see the
output of xenstore-ls on that too.

Unfortunately I can't get any output from that.. for example..

xenstore-ls /local/domain0/backend/tap/52/768
or
xenstore-ls /local/domain0/backend/tap/52/768/
or
xenstore-ls /local/domain0/backend/tap/52/

I tried a few variations of the command with no success.  I did not
notice in xenstore-ls (alone with no args) that the device-model =
"/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm".. I don't know if that's relevant or not...

> can you also try running the tests whilst also running 'debugview'
from sysinternals.com?

With debugview running I selected "capture kernel, capture win32 &
passthrough" and ran the iometer test on the machine with the 0.9.5
drivers (RAW).
The log is attached.

With regards to the "stop" messages, I did some digging and found the
following list of "stop-messages".

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

0x0000007b seems about right "inaccessible boot device".  I couldn't
find any info on the next one (oxf885ea98) but the third one, oxc0000034

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t512632.html

Is discussed at the above URL and has to do with .net framework.  I know
you use this for the shutdown scripts so I wondered if that was
meaningful?

I will try to make some time to install a 64bit W2K3 R2 later.

Lastly - what is the etiquette on cross posting to both user and devel
lists like this?  I do not subscribe to the devel list?  Perhaps I
should if I am going to post to it?   I just hit reply all...  Thanks.

Best Regards

Geoff