[Xen-users] production quality distro/xen combo

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] production quality distro/xen combo
From: David van Alphen <dvalphen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:11:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on setting up a xen system, in particular selecting a stable (production quality) distro/xen combo. The server I am running has AMD hardware virtualization support and 8gb ram.

I need to run some standard things like ldap, nfs, samba, db, bazaar, and apache.
I have tried the xenserver express which seems okay, but the 4 vm limit is a problem and I've not been granted any cash to get the next version up.

Ubuntu is the primarily used os here, with a couple of windows boxes for legacy apps, I need to put both types as VMs.

Thanks,
David