RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: "jim burns" <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 22:12:00 +1000
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 May 2008 05:12:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Friday May 23 2008 09:52:22 am James Harper wrote:
> > I have just uploaded a new binary release of the PV drivers for
Windows.

> I rebooted w/o /gplpv, copied over the files, rebooted w/o /gplpv, ran
> install.bat, got one BSOD on installing xennet, rebooted w/o /gplpv,
let
> Windows find xenstub, then finished install.bat w/o problems.

Can you tell me some more about that BSoD?

> I noticed that the Xen devices have yellow exclamation points when
booted
> w/o /gplpv, and similarly the ide devices have it when booted w/
/gplpv.

Yes, and I thought I'd be able to solve that one but it is looking more
and more like we'll just have to live with it.

> For some reason, the xenstub devices are 'hidden' devices.

Yes, I was able to hide those.

> My keyboard still does not work w/ /gplpv, and does w/o.

Are you able to try a test where you just install the xenpci driver and
none of the others?

James