Re: [Xen-users] life migration

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] life migration
From: "Stein, Tim" <Tim.O.Stein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:31:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:32:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Freitag, 23. Mai 2008 schrieb Andreas Madritsch:

> For several weeks I am trying to achieve a life migration with no success.
> Which method is preferable to store the guests root system (nfs, nbd,

The best would be a fibre channel SAN but for testing iSCSI or NFS should be
fine.

> iscsi, ...) and where do I find howtos on how to configure nfs, nbd,
> iscsi, xen the vms and the kernel for life migration?

NFS is easy to configure:
http://linux.die.net/man/5/exports
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-nfs-mount.html

For live-migration you need to edit xend-config.sxp:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Virtualization_Guide/ch18s23.html

If your guests are already running under Xen, there're no additional changes
to make and you should be fine with configuring NFS and the relocation
server.

HTH
Tim