Re: [Xen-users] Boot into dom0 "Failed to parse block device name"

Todd Deshane wrote:

I have always built with mkinitrd or mkinitramfs. Did you try using
those directly?

Also did you check /lib/modules/<the xen linux kernel> for the
module(s) that it
might be missing and/or complaining about?

I tried mkinitrd:

shell> depmod -a 2.6.18-xen
shell> mkinitrd --show kernel_version=2.6.18-xen (config file below)

 - the generated image is about 2.9M
 - in the output of mkinitrd I saw that sd_mod and aacraid are included

I get further but still won't boot.  The errors this time are:

mdadm: No arrays found in config file
mount: Mounting /dev/root on /new_root failed: No such device or address
pivot_root: pivot_root: No such file or directory
mount: /initrd: No such file or directory
mount: /initrd: No such file or directory
linuxrc: 543: /sbin/busybox not found
freeing unused kernel memory: 192k freed

BusyBox v1.01 (2006.07.21-19:34+0000) Built-in Shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

/etc/mkinitrd.conf:
FILESYSTEMS=ext3

Chris....