[Xen-users] Limit broadcast and virtual interfaces

Subject: [Xen-users] Limit broadcast and virtual interfaces
From: whereiwant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:08:01 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 May 2008 02:10:14 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=akNG9v3VJpCXP8GX8zLtPfY0w9WqyNLyCYOE9J+p2HY=; b=cY+Xa2TzQqbRgVjxfYqkCMLanArS0R4XudQ2gA9dX6xu6sOertWK6t6/w7EBdSPUpzWkE6FSKzQ5gUZo6Jdvp2rn0fk+xPDXgSiPsZlPFzvCGDVCZJZ1+OM8kOwGYqOnf6qFLxUaBNs/mgA+CMsQF5GEsXbVB8DBCx5Aw+vnxSc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I'm experiencing some problems in setting up a network vith Xen VMs: Xen physical machine is in a LAN with another PC and I didn't find out out to select the VM to which forwarding the packets (it seems that the broadcasted Router advertisement is received by every VMs, even if they're in a different subnetwork).How should I set up the network if I want only a VM (namely VH1) to receive the broadcasted packets from a PC in the LAN?

PC: other PC , VHi= i-th Xen VM

  VH2 ----VH1-----PC

              VH3

As far as I've understood, all the  VMs must be connected to the main bridge (xenbr1 in my case): isn't this the reason whiy all the VMs receive broadcast from the LAN?
I'd like also to know how to create and use a virtual interface for a VM (if possible, only for IPv6 traffic) and if it should be someway related to a physical interface in the XEN dom0.
Thanks in advance