Re: [Xen-users] Xen, LVM, DRBD, Linux-HA

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen, LVM, DRBD, Linux-HA
From: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:48:33 +0200
Cc: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:49:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=3X7EDvk6ddMIsqTf/bhfe53rXgFHkLTYMNP3F9HT85g=; b=gYD5Dx4yvShW3w1IzVm1FNITDITI5lIEiyNEivL6GQ2M/zrAzkDM2oQrnTWCkFjSwyUHiNoFwLX1hLki0ek9ZRwU++mflQtw0h2meseRF98RPBnFUDAJguDVWx0TbQcwUP/JlmeW/hLFkDWuzfzqaW5LQJ33+DO/CViGpYsntLM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using the latest stable version of Debian, 4.0. I compiled Xen 3.2.0 from source as well as DRBD 8.2.5.

At first I also thought I had performances issue as Samba was acting very weird. Copying a new file to my samba share went without problem(speed of 7-8MB/s) over a 100Mbps link, but when I tried to copy the file back just a few seconds later I had terrible performance. But I am sure this is an issue only related to samba.

With FTP in different directions and from different hosts I have perfect transmissions. From one VM to a standalone Linux box I reached speeds of 11MB/s, both transmit and receive.

Running hdparm