[Xen-users] Issue in guest OS installation over Fedora 7 based XEN....

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Issue in guest OS installation over Fedora 7 based XEN....
From: Dharmesh Kamdar <kamdard71@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:48:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have installed Fedora 7 on an x86 PC. Here re the
specifics:

CPU: mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1400+
RAM: 1 GB
Kernel: 2.6.21-7.fc7xen
uname -a: Linux hojo 2.6.21-7.fc7xen #1 SMP Tue Feb 12
12:32:24 EST 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

I've booted the PC in XEN based kernel and am now
trying to install a vitual guest OS (Fedora 8). I've
tried numerous ways NFS/HTTP/FTP/local drive (mounting
an DVD ISO image as loopback in host OS and assumed
for the guest OS installation I would be able to
specify "Hard drive" option and specify that mount
point)...But nothing seem to work.

These are the things I've tried:
1) for HTTP based installation, specified
"http://fedora.mirror.facebook.com/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/";
but it just hangs after asking the language and
keyboard.

2) for FTP installation, specified:
2.a)
ftp://mirror.stanford.edu/pub/mirror...edora/i386/os/

2.b) Also attempted to install from the local FTP
server (by enabling VSFTP on the same host and sharing
the installation tree via VSFTP). But the guest OS
install via FTP kept saying it can not find the
directory..no matter what I try, it just does not
recognize FTP or NFS directories...and sometimes it
goes past the initial installation phase (like asking
for keyboard type and language) and then I get all
garbage on my screen.

3) For NFS installation, tried extracting the ISO and
exporting that whole installatio tree over NFS
but no luck.

Will appreciate f any one has any detailed steps to
install guest OS on Fedora 7 host. I've already
googled and tried to read up the HOWTOs on FEDORA and
other websites, but haven't come across the issue I am
witnessing.

May be, I am missing some setting  or config ??

Will appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks,
kamdard.