Re: [Xen-users] 3w-xxxx / 3ware 8006-2LP corruption issues using Xen ker

To: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 3w-xxxx / 3ware 8006-2LP corruption issues using Xen kernel
From: Bas Verhoeven <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:53:46 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:54:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Holm Kapschitzki wrote:
Bas Verhoeven schrieb:

Hi Holm,
I'll have it run for a bit longer, to make sure it stopped corrupting data.
Did you try using this driver already?

didnt try it until now, cause i want to build all drivers into Kernel not as modul. But it will be nice if that does the trick.
I did actually use it compiled in in the kernel right now. I just copied the 3w-xxxx.c and .h from the .tar.gz to 'drivers/scsi' (in both the 'build-linux-2.6.18-xen0_x86_32' and 'linux-2.6.18-xen.hg' directories) that were already there, and recompiled the kernel. I did not use the Makefile from the driver, as it didn't make much sense; not sure what it did, but it didn't seem to do much.

So far it has completed 1000+ downloads without any errors, with all memory activated ;-)

(note that I'm still running the kernel with swiotlb=32M, not sure if that is still needed, I will try this later)

Thanks for the link to this driver, btw ;)

Cheers,
Bas