[Xen-users] Re: Setting up firewall as Dom-U

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
Hi!

A bridge is at layer two, while IP is on layer three. So there is no need to
configure the IP layer at all to get bridging to work. Not even "0.0.0.0".

BR
/Martin

Hi,
So what should the ethx scipt look like then? I assume it will autoconfigure it
at boot if I don't create a script with at least something?

Hi Joseph,

I don't know what distro you use, but I use Debian. In my dom0 the network config looks like this:

# egrep -v "^(#|$)" /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
         address 192.168.221.4
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         gateway 192.168.221.2

... where eth0 is the inside interface. The outside interface eth1 isn't even mentioned, since it doesn't have to be configured. You can read more about it in a post I made a few days ago:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/33926>

ethx scripts are used in Redhat and friends, right? Someone more familiar to Redhat is more than welcome to chime in now.

Good luck!
/Martin Leben