Re: [Xen-users] PCI-X pass-thru just like PCI pass-thru?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PCI-X pass-thru just like PCI pass-thru?
From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:52:13 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:52:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm using an ASUS RS120-E5/PA2 mated with a Xeon X3220 which has the Intel 3200 MCH chipset with ICH7R as the southbridge.  It's using a version of the ASUS P5BV-C board.  Xen 3.2 w/CentOS 5.1 has been running great with it so I'm hoping it works!

Thanks for the reply & comments!

Cheers,
Daniel

sven waeyenbergh wrote:
For xen there is no difference between PCI and PCI-X when uit comes to PCI-passthrough.
I have a Asus NCCH-DL that i use to passtrough several PCI and PCI-X cards, and works fine.
However you want to use this in a HVM domain and i believe that is only supported with Xen 3.2 and a motherboard/chipset capable of VT-d,
and even than it is not sure that any mobo will work.

Ban

--
Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.