[Xen-users] DRBD+Xen anyone?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DRBD+Xen anyone?
From: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:58:56 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:09:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone been able to successfully make a cross-replicating
file system with DRBD?  I have two
different use cases:

1) a file system to store a cache of credentials that can
be written to and read from by two active Xen instances, one
on physical machine A and the other on physical machine B.
The file cache could be on either machine or on a third machine
if necessar.

2) A file system to be the back end for a stateful Web Services
server, with a second mirrored file system being kept up
such that if the first one goes down, the second one can mount it
and pick it up by means of linux-HA heartbeat or some other
failover mechanism.

If anyone has successfully managed to blend the DRBD modules
with the Xen patches, please let me know.
Thanks

Steve Timm