[Xen-users] About compiling modules in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] About compiling modules in DomU
From: Alexis Riviera <rivieraalexis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 05:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 05:11:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am trying to have a loadable kernel module support in my domU. My modules aren't any device drivers but just some basic ones not related to any hardware. I am using Xen 3.1.0. I copied the /lib/modules/version from my Dom0 kernel source to the DomU source. I then did depmod -a, but nothing happens. There is nothing when i do cat /proc/modules. I have installed the necessary packages in my domU but  I get lots of error when i try to compile a simple module.

Can anyone please please tell me the steps I need to follow in order to be able to do so?

Thanks in Advance,
Alexis.