[Xen-users] CentOS and pciback

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS and pciback
From: "Florian Heigl" <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:29:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:30:03 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=nKCPgoo6tVRpNqGjwxAEUheEb5P17dSTrhvnnUYJFt0=; b=Ep0jAoM2ei/bUJUrVl7OkvkE31ONA1arWiOIumuoFft3o19ZjbvlaxXFmpyZy6tACSoRpnIP+PSwHY8UlI+2wQ4UMtJ5GG1jl1ZLdMVFRwWs+9j1n9cdojuIVl2/lY7ToXiPuVtqYM8xPXw7Eo3neKzvTsxnEtjTSEWCz0sooew=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

i wonder if there is anyone on this list who successfully uses pciback
on CentOS, especially for delegating usb/graphics.
I already found out they turned it into a module, thereby disabling
the (safe) grub.conf way of hiding devices. I downloaded and build the
kernel source SRPM but it's just "a" kernel source, not the Xen
patched & configured one I hoped for - in that case I'd be done just
by changing the single option I'm after :)

I opened a bug ( # 2767 ) in their bugzilla, but I'd hope for some
input from someone who as already dealt with the issue instead of
waiting 3 months for someone to pick up on the issue :(

I know a few people had this issue but so far found no notes from
anyone who actually set out to just build a kernel with the single
option changed :)

Regards,
florian

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'