[Xen-users] Re: domU network has sleeping sickness

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: domU network has sleeping sickness
From: GP lisper <spambait@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 01:30:15 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 02:12:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:05:26 -0600 (CST), <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've seen the same problem with my xen 3.1.0 setup.  What
> the Xen gurus are telling us is that this is a symptom of Xen dom0
> being busy and not servicing the network interrupts of the domu's=

With the problem being made worse by employing bridging (the most
primitive form of routing).  Bridging over several machines brings a
large cost in overhead packet traffic, since most packets need to be
sent everywhere because people insist on setting these up as a /24.

--
One of the strokes of genius from McCarthy was making lists
the center of the language - kt