Re: [Xen-users] Xen: invalid source and/or image destination

new2xen wrote:
Thanks for the input..... I'll try to provide better descriptions in the
future.

The installation tree looks very similar to that of the DVD root.....

When I: "ln -s /media/CentOS_5.1_Final /var/www/html/dvd" I can see it at
"http://127.0.0.1/dvd";.

So running virt-manager:

System Name: CentOS
Method: Paravirtualized
Media: http://127.0.0.1/dvd
Simple File: /var/lib/xen/images/CentOS.img (4000mb)
Network: Shared Physical Device (xenbro)
Allocations: min: 512, max: 1024 vcpu: 1  (actual total: 4096, 4 - domU is
using 2048, 2)

Creates Storage: OK
Creates Domain: OK
Starts VM Console: OK

Language: English
Keyboard: UK
Network: defaults (dynamic IPv4/6 - I have DHCP running on Router)

Error: "Unable to retreive http://127.0.0.1//dvd/images/stage2.img";
or even
Error: "Unable to retreive http://192.168.0.123//dvd/images/stage2.img";

As for your problem, it looks like a networking issue in the guest and it's not able to communicate with dom0's ip. How did you configure the networking in the guest? Via DHCP or statically?

--Sadique

There is a similar message from the fedora6 OS supplied
"Unable to retrieve
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os//images/stage2.img";

Is there a difference between the DVD and an installation tree, and what am
I missing??

(Thanks for you time....)