[Xen-users] GPLPV 0.7.0-pre2, smp, network performance problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] GPLPV 0.7.0-pre2, smp, network performance problem
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:05:29 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:06:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm testing James' GPLV 0.7.0-pre2 on a WinXP, smp domU.
The installation process BSOD at first, but after a reboot it
completed succesfully.

The PROBLEM is that when I'm testing network performance with iperf
from dom0 to domU, I only get 106 Kbits/sec (!).
Repeated several times, similar result. Compared to 448 Mbits/sec for
a linux PV domU, this is simply pitiful.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this the expected network performance
result from the current version? Or is it the simple case of "don't
touch smp for now"?

Regards,

Fajar