[Xen-users] how to create a vm from a file system

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] how to create a vm from a file system
From: Joel Nylund <jnylund@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:06:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:06:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I have a tar of an centos file system that was previously a xen vm, I want to recreate a vm using this un-tared set of files. What is the best way to do this?

I am brand new to xen, but have a fedora setup running a xen base vm and I have virtual machine manager. I tried it that way but it wanted an image file or regular cd to create an image.

thanks
Joel