Re: [Xen-users] Has anyone successfully set up a dhcp/iptables fire

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Has anyone successfully set up a dhcp/iptables firewall in dom0 NATing traffic from domU?
From: "Juergen Schinker" <ba1020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:47:20 -0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 03:48:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I've been struggling with this problem for a few days now perhaps
someone here has had experience with this problem already.  I am trying
to set up a rack server lke this:

> dom0: iptables/dhcp
> dom1: LAMP server
> dom2: MAIL server
> dom3: VNC vm for graphical admin and web tools
>
> Dom0 has one physical interface eth0 which receives a static ip, i have
also set up a bridge called br0 that i have bound dnsmasq to in order to
dole out ips to the domU's.  The domU's are assigned a mac address and
once they boot dhclient requests an ip over 192.168.0.1 which works
well.  Once the domU has booted I can ping the other domU's by ip and
the br0 itself at 192.168.0.1 as well as accessing all the servers in
the domUs in my internal network.  I.e. I can hit the webserver in dom1
from dom3.  I can also ping external sites by domain name like
google.com.  Unfortunately that is about all I can do.  I cannot access
any other form of net traffic from inside the domU, i.e I cannot access
the web or rsync.  My question is basically, is this a problem with Xen
networking or is it a problem with

Yes here http://homie.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=11