[Xen-users] Question on DHCPd in a DOMU and checksum errors

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Question on DHCPd in a DOMU and checksum errors
From: Johan van de Groenendaal <worldlycitizen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:46:24 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:47:18 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date:x-mailer; bh=01FandjIXukq1UrYzd88vQWy6R/Ng7i/qU3htSzRKmk=; b=bJY22TA5i3S2t2nQOCGmCaRciGiszasn64fAIXUIQopLpiY3WQOWtsLXe7qzUw0xOKpXQ8UhESl+jiTEZ4FYxVPNZch63sYRy2A3P0qWsNSN8TZ7KKFSYWbKINrCvPNJ+AnkNZc1qOXlDfmaRMDvxp2sV8DhDbleffJpztkWwzo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A lot has been written about checksum errors and DOMU, where the DOMU is getting its IP from a DHCP server in DOM0

I have the following:

I have created a bridge on a VLAN x and the DHCPD server in DOMU is serving this interface. I have a remote client on VLANx and it send a DHCP request. The DOMU gets the packet, but the DHCP Daemon complains of a UDP checksum error. I ran ethereal and it seemed to be happy with the checksum.

Note: I have another bridged VLAN that gets mapped into the DOMU, and it gets its IP Address okay from my broadband gateway (as expected)

Any suggestions?

Note: using Xen3.2 and Ubuntu guest 7.0.4