Re: [Xen-users] ethX device ubuntu 7.10

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ethX device ubuntu 7.10
From: Giulio Fidente <gfidente@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:16:18 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:16:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Casper wrote:

 Hello,

I experienced that on few Xen servers after maybe not clean reboot ubuntu 7.10 server DomU changes device number to next eth"X" number and network script uses previous on boot so there is no network on DomU... I experienced in 3.1.x and new 3.2.0 Xen versions...

I was having something similar (on a domU) due to some wrong lines in the /etc/iftab file

that file seems to be automagically changed by an ubuntu script which puts in it at least the mac address of the interfaces

the problem could be around this, give it a check
--
Giulio Fidente
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us;