[Xen-users] Re; Networking problems ..

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re; Networking problems ..
From: Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:50:16 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 03:50:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

After running Ubuntu and not being totally happy with reliability I've built up a pure Xensource system based on 3.2+2.6.18.8.

It boots happily, but when I come to run "xend", it doesn't seem to start properly leaving me without a working network setup.

peth0 is created and started.
xenbr0 is created and left down.

No "vif" interfaces are started.

xend.log looks normal compared to my working Ubuntu machine.

Anyone any ideas what I'm missing?

I've configured xend-config.sxp as per my working Ubuntu machine ... all the scripts seem to be in place ..
I can't see any obvious errors in xend.trace ...

Help!

tia
Gareth.