RE: [Xen-users] Viewing core dump from Windows XP HVM

To: "Jonathan Ervine" <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Viewing core dump from Windows XP HVM
From: "Ryan Persaud" <Ryan_Persaud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:35:33 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:36:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jon,

The file size is:
-rw-------   1 root root 546209864 Jan 15 10:43 core

I've allocated 512MB to the XP HVM domain (dom0 is standard XenLinux).

Here is the output when I attempt to run GDB:
[root@localhost xen]# gdb file core
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.143.el4rh)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

"/var/log/xen/core" is not a core dump: File format not recognized
(gdb) q
[root@localhost xen]# gdb -c core
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.143.el4rh)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
"/var/log/xen/core" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

If I run the file command on the core, I get:
core:ELF 64-bit LSB core file AMD x86-64, version 1

-Ryan