Re: RE Multiple Dom0s sharing a SAN with LVM (was: Re: [Xen-users] Livem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE Multiple Dom0s sharing a SAN with LVM (was: Re: [Xen-users] Livemigration problem)
From: Maximilian Wilhelm <max@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:14:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:15:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Thursday, den 10 January hub Alain BARTHE folgendes in die Tasten:

> We don't follow any how-to for that, but things are quiet simple.
> We decided that a VG is dedicated for each domU, and one LV on this VG for
> each disk of the domU (generally only one). We use naming rules to avoid
> to get lost with this big amount of LVs.

I also use an LV for each partition of the DomU so you can access the
filesystems easily from the Dom0 in case of error.

> When you want to migrate a domU, you must attach the SAN disk on which
> resides the domU's VG to the target dom0, and you must activate its LVs.
> The "xm migrate -l" may be runned, generally it succeeds... except in some
> cases like the one I reported here.

So you have an own PV (as in a piece of the SAN) for each DomU?
Or do I miss something?

> Don't hesitate to ask me if you have further questions.

Thanks!

Ciao
Max
--