RE: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)

To: Feichtinger Günter <Feichtinger.Guenter@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] PV- Drivers for Windows (XP, 2003 Server)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 00:03:20 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:03:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello James,
> thanks for your answer.
> As I read in the Web, you are developing these driver, aren't you?
>
> I also read about PV-Driver from RHEL5.1, Suse and XenSource.
> Isn't it possible to use these driver for OpenSource Xen (e.g. CentOS)?

There are PV drivers for Linux included in the Xen source tree, in theory you
just compile them against the kernel you are running.

XenSource provides PV drivers for Windows, but they appear to only work when
running the XenSource non-free version of Xen, and the legal status of using
them outside that environment is undefined (probably only because I haven't
bothered reading the EULA :).

James