[Xen-users] Questions about iSCSI in a domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Questions about iSCSI in a domU
From: Eric Einhorn <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:17:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:18:22 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm hoping someone has experience with this type of setup. I'm trying to attach an iSCSI target in a paravirtualized domU and I'm having issues with not getting a scsi ID from the kernel. I suspect I am having trouble because of the same limitation when trying to export a virtual scsi device to a domU. Is this correct? Is there any way to make this work?

If not, does anyone know if I can have SCSI support on a domU with HVM?

I am using CentOS 5.1 and all the distro's packages-
 xen-3.0.3-41.el5
 kernel-xen-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
 iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.865-0.8.el5

If anyone has any input, I'd love to hear what you've got working.

Thanks.

- Eric