Re: [Xen-users] intallation of Xen Virtual machine monitor

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] intallation of Xen Virtual machine monitor
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 04:19:00 +0000
Cc: Eleni Karaviotou <karaviotou@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:19:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello
> For the need of a project i must install the Virtual Machine Monitor on my
> computer. Can you give me a guide to do that?

The simplest way to install Xen is to use a distro that supports it and then
install that distro's Xen package using your package manager.

The page http://xen.org/download/ has packages for various distros (but I'd
recommend you try your distro's default packages first, if you can) and some
prebuilt tarballs which are distro-agnostic and can be dropped down onto your
existing Linux.

If you want to build from source you can use mercurial (hg) to download the
source tree from http://xenbits.xensource.com/ (choose the repository
corresponding to the version of Xen you want).

Hope that helps you some,

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.